The science of preparing personalized medications for patients as prescribed by their doctors. Compounding process includes mixing individual ingredients together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the doctor to meet his/her patient’s specific needs.
- Creating customized strengths that meet the specific needs of a patient as prescribed by the doctor.
- Combining compatible active ingredients into a single dosage form to simplify a medication administration and improve compliance with therapy.
- Elimination of ingredients that cause unnecessary adverse or allergic reactions to some patients (dyes, sugar, gluten, lactose, alcohol, and preservatives)
- Preparing special formulations not commercially available or temporarily unavailable.
- Flavoring: To make medications more palatable and eliminate aftertaste.